Sunday, August 29, 2010

A wonderful weekend

What an awesome weekend I had!!

Saturday (28th) was Alex and my One year Anniversary!
He came to my house early in the morning and we swapped our home made presents! I mad Alex a scrap book. It was filled with photos and favourite memories. Best part it that I made it so we can add to it. Which is awesome!! Alex made me two AWESOME gifts that just had me so happy. I felt so warm and fuzzy that he actually listens to me complaining about stuff. He made me a perfect little green house (photos to come) out of a washing basket and plastic. It will be perfect for growing my spring veges in!! He also made me the most perfect gift. A shelving unit to put my wool in with added knitting needle holders in the side. Best thing about these presents? They were made out of recycled goods!!
We then went to Bethels Beach. It was my first time going there and I loved it!! I never knew that Auckland had a pretty good beach. We spent a few hours there walking along, climbing hills and having lunch. It was really hot for most of the day and only started clouding over when we were about to leave. We both got slightly burnt but that was good! Summer is so close that I can taste it! Photos also will be up soon.
Yesterday Mum, Dad, Alex and I all went to the hot pools. I spent most of the day hopping from hot pool to cold pool. :P Alex spent almost all day on the water slide. We then got tired of swimming and headed up to the pub for chips and beer. (Ginger beer for me thanks!) It was such a lovely weekend.

Cant wait for summer!!! I've got my beach spirit on and cant wait to dig my toes in the sand again!

Peace guys xx

No comments:

Post a Comment